Supervises all aspects of patient care, all activities of professional staff and allied health personnel, regulatory requirements compliance, financial performance, and quality assurance performance improvement activities for agency. The Administrator or alternate will be available on site during business hours and additionally, if needed.
Responsibilities: Essential Functions
- Quality - Responsible for compliance with all regulations, laws, policies and procedures, that are applicable to hospice and Medicare / Medicaid issues when applicable on a daily basis.
- People - Ensures that hospice employs qualified individuals (for all staff members) and accepts responsibility for daily agency operations.
- Service - Immediately available (or has Alternate Designee) to be on-site during business hours or immediately available by telephone when off-site conducting agency business, available after hours as needed.
- People - Directs the day-to-day operations of the agency and acts as the driver for the Care Management Process. The Administrator or designee RN, such as a Team Leader, will receive daily report on patients from staff. This process also includes review of patient care paperwork, referral information, recertification processes, discharge information, and event reporting, etc. on a daily basis.
- People - Acts as liaison between staff, patients and Hospice Management Team & Governing Board on a daily basis.
- Finance - Ensures that all payor sources are coded/assigned correctly for appropriate billing to take place. Ensures that all services are billed as provided and supervises staff regarding billing issues on a daily basis.
- Quality - Ensures adequate staffing through recruitment for agency as well as adequate staff education and evaluations on daily or as needed basis.
- Finance - Reviews monthly financials relative to all aspects of the operation to assure that quality patient care is delivered in the most cost-effective manner.
- Quality - Participates in the QAPI planning and processes, reporting, and improvement action plans as indicated. This includes chart audits, patient satisfaction, financials, contracts, patient/family complaints, etc. and appropriate follow-up. Patient/family complaints require immediate follow-up. Conducted on a daily basis.
- Quality - Supervises all patient care activities to assure compliance with current standards of accepted nursing and medical practice and regulatory standards on a constant basis.
- Quality - Assists the agency in the implementation of a supply/drug formulary to ensure that services are utilized in the most cost effective manner on a daily basis. Review medications purchased to ensure relevant hospice relation on a daily basis.
- Quality - Maintains personnel files monthly, completes required courses through LHC Connect and attends in-services when applicable.
- People - Functions as a preceptor to new hires as needed basis.
Qualifications: Experience: 3 years
License, Registration, and / or Certification Requirement: Yes
- Licensed Physician, Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse or Social Worker currently licensed in state of employment. The Administrator must not hold any simultaneous - concurrent employment by any other licensed health care agency. (excluding Arkansas and West Virginia)
- Mississippi?Must be a licensed physician, a licensed registered nurse, a social worker with a Bachelor?s degree OR a college graduate with a Bachelor?s degree and two years of health care management experience and three years of healthcare service delivery experience that would be relevant to managing the day-to-day operations. When the administrator serves more than one licensed agency he-she shall designate in writing an alternate to serve as administrator for each site where he-she is not housed continuously. Current CPR certification required. Current Driver?s License and vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle.
- The Administrator must not hold any simultaneous - concurrent employment by any other licensed health care agency. (excluding Arkansas, West Virginia and Georgia)
Our company was founded over 20 years ago on the principle that “it’s all about helping people,” and we live by those words today. It’s our mission to provide exceptional care and unparalleled service to patients and families who have placed their trust in us. We grow to fulfill this mission. When you become part of the LHC Group family, you’re choosing a career path that will challenge you to grow both personally and professionally.
Every day, all across the country, our LHC Group family is helping people. There are 10,000 of us, standing shoulder to shoulder, helping the patients in our care live, fuller, healthier lives. We do this because helping people is, quite simply, the reason we exist. It’s our purpose.